Software And Drupal Integration For Automated Workflow
SCALA is a multinational organization providing secure network deployment. It offers wide ranging software, hardware, services and support for companies that are looking to transform their physical space – retail stores, financial institutions, restaurants, and transportation hubs with a wide array of technology including artificial intelligence, virtual reality, digital signs, mobile sensors and computer vision technology.
Before reaching out to Mpire Solutions, the team at SCALA used to manually add new content to their website. They were looking for an automated process through which they can add content to their website without any manual effort. After a complete analysis of their requirements, our team of developers decided to address them through a customized solution.
The biggest challenge we faced during development of the customized solution was the directory structure of the zip file generated by the software. The directory structure had the .htm file in a specific folder and these files contained the HTML of the content. Also, some folders contained CSS, JS files, and images. The folder locations of CSS, JS, and images changed each time the client exported the content from software. This process caused to show the broken display of the webpage to the visitors.
Our development team suggested a custom module and a programmatically created page on which only the administrator can import the zip file exported from the software that client used for documentation purposes.
- Features Enhancement – To significantly create, add, implement, and integrate new features to the client’s website.
- Automated Workflow – To reduce the client’s manual efforts in day to day operations.
- Software Data Integration – To effectively integrate the software exported data with Drupal CMS.
Once our certified Drupal team analyzed the client’s requirements, they started working on making the custom module on the local setup. In that specific custom module, we created a programmatic page that contained the file upload functionality to ease the entire process of uploading. The website administrator can now upload the zip file and then the back-end code can automatically find all the .htm, .CSS, .JS, and image files to store all these assets in the respective Drupal storage.
The HTML content from the .htm file was included in the content section for a specific content type and then adjusted for all images paths as per Drupal’s standards. After importing all the content to Drupal, the code removes the zip file from the Drupal storage folder so that the System storage can have free space available all the time.
In the complete workflow, the website’s load optimization was yet another main target. Our team of Drupal developers noticed each and every detail of the website so that the custom module’s functionality cannot affect the website’s performance.
- The manual effort made by the client on a daily basis was diminished with the development of a custom Drupal module.
- New features were added throughout the website to ease the client’s day-to-day operations.
- Proper software data with Drupal integration not only saves time but also provides the right and desired results.
- Enhanced and customized Drupal standards.
- The configuration of the custom module proved to be flexible and functional for the SCALA team.
- A thorough software integration now allows the software to automatically export data in Drupal.
- The client now enjoys the automated workflow without making any manual efforts.