Drupal Integration With Amazon S3 File System
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage company with a product portfolio that includes 22 international brands generating over a $1 billion each in annual retail sales.
They were looking to store media images in Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service). In order to achieve the above requirements, Mpire Solutions suggested to create an internal portal that provides a functionality to upload media files to the S3 file system while providing limited and restricted Amazon S3 accesses to their employees.
Since the client was looking for a digital asset management functionality, our team decided to conduct a deep audit to identify the main objectives and basic requirements before we proposed anything to the client. After a thorough examination of the scenario, we proposed Drupal CMS to the client as it was the best fit as per the requirements.
The first challenge we faced was to make the connectivity between Drupal and the Amazon S3 file system. The second major challenge was the access control mechanism between Amazon S3 file system and users. After implementing the access control functionality, every user should have only accessed their own media in the portal.
The third challenge was to create the tag-based functionality associated with each media entity. Our ACQUIA certified Drupal team of developers decided to use the Drupal taxonomies to achieve the tag-based functionality.
- Amazon S3 back-end file system integration – To make connectivity between Amazon s3 file system and Drupal.
- Access control mechanism – To make easy access for the users who have already accessed the platform before.
- Media assets uploading to Amazon S3 & Tag-based functionality – To control and manage file uploading mechanism.
QuickBooks Integration With Drupal And Workflow Automation
The management of the IYNAUS wanted to update their official website as per current community standards. They had two operational portals – a management portal, and an assessment portal.
They were using the Management portal to accomplish all internal functions and to store critical data. On the other hand, all assessment activities for students and teachers were being handled using the Assessment portal. The management sought to upgrade the portals and website by adding new features and addressing additional issues.
The client required feature enhancements, bug fixing, and updating the website according to the community standards. However, there were also a couple of external portals connected with the website and it was quite a challenge to keep things unchanged among the workflow of both external portals while making changes to the website.
Another challenge was to convert their manual functions into automated mechanisms. We consistently made an effort of understanding their workflows to suggest the most apt solution.
- Security Update – To implement multiple security update patches.
- – To make the website up-to-date as per the community standards.
- Workflow Automation – To automate the entire manual order workflow.
- QuickBooks Integration – To integrate accounts-related data and send it to QuickBooks from Drupal.
- Website Redesign – To add latest features throughout the website for better customer experience.
Software And Drupal Integration For Automated Workflow
SCALA is a multinational organization providing secure network deployment. It offers wide ranging software, hardware, services and support for companies that are looking to transform their physical space – retail stores, financial institutions, restaurants, and transportation hubs with a wide array of technology including artificial intelligence, virtual reality, digital signs, mobile sensors and computer vision technology.
Before reaching out to Mpire Solutions, the team at SCALA used to manually add new content to their website. They were looking for an automated process through which they can add content to their website without any manual effort. After a complete analysis of their requirements, our team of developers decided to address them through a customized solution
The biggest challenge we faced during development of the customized solution was the directory structure of the zip file generated by the software. The directory structure had the .htm file in a specific folder and these files contained the HTML of the content. Also, some folders contained CSS, JS files, and images. The folder locations of CSS, JS, and images changed each time the client exported the content from software. This process caused to show the broken display of the webpage to the visitors.
Our development team suggested a custom module and a programmatically created page on which only the administrator can import the zip file exported from the software that client used for documentation purposes.
- Features Enhancement – To significantly create, add, implement, and integrate new features to the client’s website.
- Automated Workflow – To reduce the client’s manual efforts in day to day operations.
- Software Data Integration – To effectively integrate the software exported data with Drupal CMS.
Event Management System Development & Zoom APIs Integration With Sitecore
MNGHealth is a leading technology-enabled solutions company with 20 years of successful engagement with healthcare professionals. With data insights, audience analytics, and a connected marketing ecosystem, it offers multi-channel and technology-based marketing solutions to the pharmaceutical industry and provides digital and virtual channels for leading industry brands.
In the beginning, when they reached out to Mpire Solutions to work on their multi-site project as a development team, their website was divided in two sections – the Admin portal, and the Clients portal. Mpire Solutions was hired to work on the different landing pages of Clients portal as per their requirement.
The main project was related to Event Management (Online and on-demand virtual experiences) where a number of pharmaceutical organizations connect with MNGHealth in order to promote their products and services through online events attended by Doctors, PhDs, other medical practitioners and potential individuals.
While the developer team at Mpire Solutions worked on building an event management system for the website, we faced multiple technical challenges. On the other side, we faced multiple road blocks while creating complex and dynamic content features on various landing pages of the website.
Our development team successfully managed to overcome these challenges using the right combination of technologies and expertise.
- Event Management System – To create and manage online and on-demand events through event booking, event calendar, and attendee registration.
- Integration with Zoom APIs – To enable the existing software’s integration with Zoom software.
- Dynamic Content on Landing Pages – To create complex and dynamic content features on landing pages.
WordPress Website Development, Rebranding, And Redesigning
Bread Financial (formerly Bread Payments) is a technology based financial services company that offers personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company provides BreadPay, a financing platform that allows its users to make online purchases from participating retailers and pay for those purchases over time.
They reached out to Mpire Solutions to develop a new official website. It is noteworthy that Bread Payments and Mpire enjoy three years of excellent business relationship which is discussed throughout this success story.
Keeping in mind this continuing and growing business relationship, we ended up not only developing their website but with a complete rebranding and redesigning approach and later providing maintenance and support.
The client was looking for a professional and customized WordPress website with an excellent user experience (UX) and user interface design (UI) for their main financial service. The key challenge was that they already had an existing website which they wanted us to rebrand and redesign as per their requirements on a very short timeline.
Develop a highly functional WordPress website displaying important information for both merchants and customers along with payment plans and all other essential information.
Website Redesigning / Rebranding
- To enhance the user experience and user interface design of the website.
- To enrich the layout, content display and color theme of the website.
Bibliography Function Integration Into Drupal 8
Our client’s main focus is improving the safety and quality standards of America’s healthcare system by investing in research and collecting useful knowledge, data, and tools for healthcare professionals and policymakers. They made the decision to upgrade their Content Management System (CMS) from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 to capitalize on the superior capabilities and features of the latter.
They hired our services to develop the Bibliography functionality for the ‘Literature Collection’ section – the most essential component of their website. Unlike Drupal 7, the Bibliography contributed module for Drupal 8 is not yet available. Therefore, we chose to use the Bibcite module to develop the Bibliography function.
Our task was to develop the ‘Literature Collection’ page on their website while we had access to their latest design along with 5300 references in the RIS format.
However, we found several bugs in the Bibcite module for Drupal 8 which we needed to fix by creating a patch as per the requirements of the client. The main challenge was that the Bibcite module neither supported the mapping of the custom fields nor the term reference fields via RIS import.
Another challenge was implementing their custom design which required two different layouts for the main search page and the search results page, using the same Drupal Views core module.
Performance Optimization And Functionality Enhancements With Drupal 7
The client was a professional Sales enablement and Sales readiness provider that helped businesses and organizations with numerous expert sales enablement programs. The main issue was that while the client already had a Drupal-based official website, they heavily relied on third party agencies to run multiple projects.
The client decided to consolidate all their operations under an in-house team to make the maximum use of their skills and experience and to expand their service portfolio. In order to do so, they had to convey this information to the target audience and existing clients.
Their official website was the most effective platform and source of information to share this update about the expanded service offering. They approached Mpire Solutions to upgrade and modify their website to make it more user-friendly and dynamic using the most reliable technologies while also training their in-house team at the same time.
Since the client was looking to update their website in terms of enhanced functionality perspective, our team had to conduct a comprehensive audit of their existing website to dig out flaws and gaps before suggesting a solution. The main challenge was to deliver the desired solution within the limited timeline provided by the client.
We had to face certain limitations throughout the process of web design, as we were asked to keep some elements of the design unchanged. Furthermore, there was no previous history or information available about the website to help us understand existing issues. Therefore, we designated a professional team of certified developers to look into the details of the client’s website in order to understand and find its flaws.
- Website Updates – Update the website in order to make it more user-centric for critical digital marketing objectives.
- Website Enhancement – Enhance overall features of the website to let the targeted audience know about updates in service portfolio.
- Website Redesign – To redesign specific pages of the website for a better user interface.
- Website Coding Modifications – To fix bugs and other issues on resource center pages.
- Website Security – To secure clients’ information and other critical data of the website and implement Drupal security patches.
- A/B Testing – To analyze random behavior of the visitors / users.
Shopify Application Development & Integration For Customized Payment Module
Rosy.com is a private digital family organizer and app that helps preserve personal, family, and business memories. They organize and digitize photographs, videos, documents, stories, and other types of media so that users can create beautiful storytelling and personal sharing using the digital family organizer and app.
Since the client already had a fully functional Shopify website, they were looking for a customized payment module to manage the complete subscription process using the Shopify application. With the help of the customized app, the client was looking to add value to the customer experience so that users can claim multiple discounts on a single subscription.
Furthermore, they required an efficiently running application to assist the active and non-active users. In addition to the customized Shopify application, they also wanted a proper and smooth integration to achieve their objectives.
Already built-in limitations of Shopify were the key challenges we faced when developing a customized Shopify App. The basic limitation for the client was that users subscribing to their platform can only apply one discount voucher at a time for a single subscription. The experienced Shopify developers’ team at Mpire Solutions had to find and implement the best-customized solution to overcome this limitation efficiently.
Another key challenge related to the custom Shopify App was to link/integrate it with the Recharge App for a customized payment module. It further included the following challenges;
- To check and verify who is subscribing to the platform.
- Type of discounts users can avail or claim on a specific subscription (Half-Yearly or Yearly subscription).
- The renewal or cancellation of the subscription with specific timelines.
- Expiry terms and conditions of the subscriptions.
- The timeline of the subscription should define the nature and number of discounts a user can claim.
- To implement and manage the subscription process throughout the website.
- To implement the complete payment module with Recharge APIs integration.
Customized Shopify Application Development – To manage the subscription process including discounts and coupons throughout the payment module.
Custom WordPress Plugin Development And Implementation
SirsiDynix is a well-known flexible co-workspace provider for start-ups, businesses, and organizations. They were facing issues over the reservation process of their workspaces i.e., conference rooms, coworking spaces, event spaces, desk spaces, shared offices, meeting rooms, breakout spaces, and etc.
The dimension of their service was massive as they were operating in a number of countries offering customized workspace solutions across various cities. They approached us to develop, implement, and manage a solution to tackle the challenges effectively.
Before reaching out to us, they had no digital solution or tool (except for a WordPress website) to tackle the ever-growing high-tech issues. However, with a continuous business expansion over the years, they had to deal with a lot of complexities throughout the reservation process of workspaces.
The key challenge was to create a plugin from the ground up and to show availability of the workspaces. We had to develop and modify the plugin in such a way that it can handle the demand of workspaces with different frequencies while specifying ranges of availability at the same time.
- Upgrade of Reservation Process – To upgrade the reservation process while making the availabilities visible and up-to-date for the customers.
- Visibility of Available Workspaces – To assist users in determining the availability of essential workspaces over the course of days, weeks, months, and years.
- Customized & Optimized Mechanism – To make sure that the developed plugin can help manage all the business needs during the reservation process while considering different frequencies and recurrence challenges.
Implementation Of A Workflow Mechanism With UI And UX Upgrade Of Internal Web Application
The said internal application was being used by the client for Procurement purpose for more than five years. Due to a massive growth in their business, they had to split the department in three. With this split, Purchase Orders were to be approved by their respective departmental heads because each department now had its own projects and budgets.
They reached out to Mpire Solutions with an inquiry about upgrading their internal application with the objective to add new features as well as fixing some existing issues to continue using the application.
The first and main challenge was the structural modification of the internal application as per new departmental structures. The entire workflow had to be completely overhauled in terms of departmental hierarchies.
The application was built a few years ago without any consideration of user experience (UX). Hence, the secondary challenge was to improve and maximize the user experience throughout the application, which could also ease the training process so that employees could conveniently adapt to the change in technicalities.
- Structural Modification – To accommodate multi-department PO processing and approving authorities by respective department heads in an existing internal application
- Stability – To ensure that the upgraded system is stable enough to process several orders at a time.
- Monitoring – To provide the users the ability to track each order with respect to its processing department, approving authority and its placement or alert the operation personnel about any errors.
- Improve the UI and UX: To improve the user experience and user interface, making the system user friendly and efficient.