What is WORDLE and Why Is Everyone Talking About It?
If you are a daily user of Twitter, you might have gone through the #WORDLE222 trend in your Top feeds.
WORDLE has become insanely popular on social media with people sharing their high scores and screenshots of the game. The hashtag #WORDLE222 has been used over a million times on Twitter as people share their love for the game.
So what’s the background behind this game?
A software engineer Josh Wardle from Brooklyn knew his partner liked word games, so he made a guessing game for the two of them. The game was originally called “Word Association .” The basic concept was that one player types in a word and the other has to type in a word that is associated with it. Wardle, later made the game available online as a free download in 2006 and renamed it “WORDLE .”
At its core, WORDLE is an online guessing game where you are given a list of words and you have to guess the correct word puzzle based on the clues provided. You score points for every letter in the guessed word, and there is also a time bonus if you can guess quickly.
The best part of WORDLE?
It’s addictive! Once you start playing it, you won’t be able to stop. The game is perfect for when you need a break from work or just want to kill some time.
In this blog post, we will explain what WORDLE is, why everyone is talking about it, and everything you need to know about it.
This blog post contains the following information:
- What is WORDLE?
- How can I play WORDLE (Five Letter Word)?
- What does your WORDLE score mean?
- Basic Rules for WORDLE Daily Word Game
- Millennials are more interested in Word Games
- What are some tips to Play WORDLE?
- What is the Strategy of the WORDLE Game?
What is WORDLE?
It is an online word game where you spell words using 5 letters. A five-letter word is given as a day’s puzzle and you have to spell it on a grid of 30 tiles. The color of the tiles will change after each guess to show how close your guess was to the word.
Every player is given the same phrase every day and, after 24 hours, the same word changes. The first try will turn any tiles with the correct letter yellow, green, or grey, prompting players to make additional guesses using words containing more of the right or partially correct letters found in the WORDLE of the day.
How can I play WORDLE (Five Letter Word)?
You can play this game on its website using a desktop / laptop or on your phone. It is free to play and you don’t need to sign up for an account.
WORDLE is a game that may seem confusing at first, but it is actually pretty easy. The rules are simple and you get to use letters to make words. Guesses at the WORDLE of the day need to be five letters long and you can only make six guesses. Once you have typed in your first five-letter word, push the enter button to submit. When you see the letters, they will either turn grey, yellow, or green.
If a tile is yellow, it means that letter is in the word of the day. If it is green, then the letter also belongs to the last word and in its right spot. Letters that are grayed out mean that they are not in the WORDLE. This means you have to figure out what the WORDLE is based on the letters that are green or yellow.
Players who choose to spell certain words using British English instead of American English should be aware of the small differences that can occur between US and British English spellings when making their attempts to guess each daily word.
What does your WORDLE score mean?
WORDLE scores are based on the number of letters in the guessed word. You get one point for every letter in the word, so a five-letter word would give you five points. If you guess the word quickly, you also get a time bonus which is worth an extra point per second.
The game is over when either all of the tiles have been used or you have made six guesses.
Basic Rules For WORDLE Daily Word Game
- When guessing a word, try to use letters that are in both the word and the clue. This will give you a better chance of getting the right letter in the right spot.
- The first try will turn any tiles with the correct letter yellow, green, or grey, prompting players to make additional guesses using words containing more of the right or partially correct letters found in the WORDLE of the day.
- After guessing a word correctly, all tiles with that letter will be turned either yellow, green, or grey.
- If you enter a word and all letters are already guessed by other players, the game is over and you lose.
- You can only guess each word six times.
- The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.
Millennials Are More Interested In Word Games
The game is popular with all age groups, however, millennials are more likely to play it than any other age group.
This is because they are more comfortable with the high-tech world and love playing games. However, currently, there are no mobile apps for this game.
What are some tips to Play WORDLE?
Here are some tips and tricks to play WORDLE successfully.
- Use all five-letter words to spell whenever possible
- If you get stuck, try looking at the phrase backward or splitting it into smaller chunks.
- Use the color of tiles as a guide – yellow means close, green means correct letter was guessed, and grey means more than one letter was guessed correctly
- You can also get extra points by guessing the word quickly. For every second that your guess is under 20 seconds long, you get an extra point added to your score.
What Is A Strategy Of the WORDLE Game?
One strategy for the WORDLE game is to use all five of your letters in every turn. This increases your chances of getting the word and also gets you bonus points for using more letters. If you get stuck, try looking at the phrase backward or splitting it into smaller chunks.
The color of tiles can also be helpful when trying to guess a word. Yellow means close, green means correct letter was guessed, and grey means more than one letter was guessed correctly.
WORDLE is a popular web-based game where you have to guess a word using the letters that are given in the clue. Millennials are more likely to play this game than any other age group because they are more comfortable with technology. So try and use as many letters as possible in your guesses and you might just win!
If you are looking to create any kind of softwares, mobile apps, or websites, MpireSolutions can help you stand out in the highly competitive market.